The club holds walks throughout the year.Our Sunday walks are on every second Sunday and require a reasonable level of fitness and suitable walking gear. We also hold introductory walks on one Saturday per month. We also hold walks every Wednesday evening during the months of May to August.
Meeting Points and Times
- For Sunday walks, please be at the meeting point at 10:15 a.m. so that the walk can start at 10:30 a.m. sharp
- If any walker wishes to do a short option, they must inform the leader in advance so that a shorter option can be arranged.
- For Saturday walks, meet at the meeting point at 10:30 a.m. and liaise beforehand with Lift Coordinator, Deirdre Byrne, if required.
- For Wednesday summer walks, meet at the meeting point at 7pm and contact the leader in advance.
- It is winter and you should pack a torch and spare food and clothing
Day: Sunday 4 December 2016 *** The Gerry Hickey Annual Holly Walk ***
Leader: Nic Ó Murchú, 087 9476487
Area: Dingly Dell, Knocknacloghogue and Luggala
Statistics: Short Option: 6 Km, 600m, Long Option: 11 Km, 900m.
Meeting point: Pier Gates, Luggala at 10:15 a.m.
Day: Saturday 9th December
Leader: Tim Nuttall 087 6304549
Area: Glenmalure to Kelly’s Lough
Meeting point: Glenmalure Lodge
Pub: Glenmalure Lodge
Day: Sunday 17 December 2016 Gourmet Walk
Leader: Michael Guilfoyle, 087-2610087
Statistics: 9km 500m
Meeting point: Crone Woods
* Route and start may be changed in the event of inclement weather so contact leader.
1. The Annual Slide Show will take place in the Teacher’s club on Wednesday 22 November in the Teachers Club Parnell Square at 7 PM. Bring along your photos on a memory stick please and let the coordinator [email protected] know if you will be contributing.
2. Annual subscriptions are now overdue – see previous emails or contact [email protected] or myself if you want a refresher on the methods of payment.
3. Winter is now set in, the clocks have gone back and the evenings are short. Pack the torch, the extra clothing and a little extra food in the rucksack, just in case a hike runs on after lighting up time!