The club holds walks throughout the year.Our Sunday walks are on every second Sunday and require a reasonable level of fitness and suitable walking gear. We also hold introductory walks on one Saturday per month. We also hold walks every Wednesday evening during the months of May to August.
Meeting Points and Times
- For Sunday walks, please be at the meeting point at 10:15 a.m. so that the walk can start at 10:30 a.m. sharp
- If any walker wishes to do a short option, they must inform the leader in advance so that a shorter option can be arranged.
- For Saturday walks, meet at the meeting point at 10:30 a.m. and liaise beforehand with Lift Coordinator, Deirdre Byrne, if required.
- For Wednesday summer walks, meet at the meeting point at 7pm and contact the leader in advance.
- It is winter and you should pack a torch and spare food and clothing
Day: Sunday July 15th
Leader: Louis O’Byrne 086 2428253
Area: Pier Gates, , Lough Dan, Johnny's Oaks, Knocknaclohogue, ruins of Clohogue Village, Pier Gates
Statistics: 12km. 475m
Meeting point: Pier Gates
Some diary dates
Saturday Hikes: see our Saturday Schedule
Publicity and other materials received:
Nathan Kingerlee, Outdoors Ireland, has been in touch. He runs courses covering things like: Mountain Skills / Mountain Safety / Map & Compass Skills, Climbing and Survival Skills. His school is based in Killarney/Kerry; however he also runs training courses countrywide. For further information contact him at www.outdoorsireland.com or 086 860 45 63.
Sleeping BagsWe have been contacted by Leontine Weijts of Down with Bags. She makes lightweight 800 fill goose down sleeping bags: Website https://www.downwithbags.ie Email [email protected]
Her standard 'templates' create bags that sleep up to 188cm, (6ft 1in) but she can make bespoke bags that are taller or smaller. She has enough material to create around 16 more bags, plus what's on the website. As she sent this offer to several clubs, it's first come first served.