The club holds walks throughout the year.Our Sunday walks are on every second Sunday and require a reasonable level of fitness and suitable walking gear. We also hold introductory walks on one Saturday per month. We also hold walks every Wednesday evening during the months of May to August.
Meeting Points and Times
- For Sunday walks, please be at the meeting point at 10:15 a.m. so that the walk can start at 10:30 a.m. sharp
- If any walker wishes to do a short option, they must inform the leader in advance so that a shorter option can be arranged.
- For Saturday walks, meet at the meeting point at 10:30 a.m. and liaise beforehand with Lift Coordinator, Deirdre Byrne, if required.
- For Wednesday summer walks, meet at the meeting point at 7pm and contact the leader in advance.
- It is winter and you should pack a torch and spare food and clothing
Day: Sunday May 20th
Leader: Margaret O'Shea 087 2335116
Area:Cullentragh, Mullacor & Derrybawn
Statistics: 15k 578m
Meeting point: Shay Elliot carpark (Laragh to Glenmalure road)Pub: Lynams
Some diary dates
Still some spaces on Austrian Trip 1-8 JulyTopflight have 2 single room and a few twin/double rooms available for our holiday booking. People should contact Topflight ([email protected]) directly
Publicity and other materials received:
Nathan Kingerlee, Outdoors Ireland, has been in touch. He runs courses covering things like: Mountain Skills / Mountain Safety / Map & Compass Skills, Climbing and Survival Skills. His school is based in Killarney/Kerry; however he also runs training courses countrywide. For further information contact him at www.outdoorsireland.com or 086 860 45 63.