The club holds walks throughout the year.Our Sunday walks are on every second Sunday and require a reasonable level of fitness and suitable walking gear. We also hold introductory walks on one Saturday per month. We also hold walks every Wednesday evening during the months of May to August.
Meeting Points and Times
- For Sunday walks, please be at the meeting point at 10:15 a.m. so that the walk can start at 10:30 a.m. sharp
- If any walker wishes to do a short option, they must inform the leader in advance so that a shorter option can be arranged.
- For Saturday walks, meet at the meeting point at 10:30 a.m. and liaise beforehand with Lift Coordinator, Deirdre Byrne, if required.
- For Wednesday summer walks, meet at the meeting point at 7pm and contact the leader in advance.
- It is winter and you should pack a torch and spare food and clothing
Details of our next two walks, on Sunday 4 and Sat 10 November, are set out in the tables below. The clocks have gone back and the evenings will be short. In other words winter will be setting in so pack the torch, the extra clothing and a little extra food in the rucksack just in case a hike runs on after lighting up time!
Day: Sunday November 18th
Leader: Dermot Keane 087 9790578
Area: Glendalough and the Spink
Statistics: 12k 400 metres
Meeting point: Interpretive centre car park at 10.15Pub: TBC
Annual Subscriptions are now due
The rates are €45 individual, €80 couple and €15 for those who already have MI affiliation. They can be paid to any member of the Committee on next Sunday’s hike, to Oliver by post (contact below), or by direct credit transfer to our bank account at:
Permanent TSB, 70 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.
Account No. 11763887
Sort Code: 990610
Bank ID (BIC) IPBSIE2D
Please let Oliver know when you pay and update your postal and email addresses if necessary (for MI membership cards Mountain Log etc.).
Some diary dates
Saturday Hikes: see our Saturday Schedule
The Annual Slide Show will take place on Wednesday 28 November in the Teachers Club, Parnell Square from 7.30 PM. A buffet will be provided in the interval. Bring along your photos (preferably in 10 minute batches) on a memory stick. A Volunteer is required to co-ordinate the Ehrwald collection